Terms and Conditions
- 1Definitions and interpretation
Harmful Code means any computer code or routine that is harmful, destructive, disabling or that assists in or enables theft, alteration, denial of service, unauthorised disclosure or destruction or corruption of data (including viruses, worms, spyware, adware, ransomware, keyloggers and trojans), but excluding passwords, software keys and like features that are security features or intended elements of software used to prevent unauthorised access and use. Intellectual Property includes copyright in the design of, and all content appearing on the Website, trade marks (including logos), domain names, rights in computer software, databases and lists, confidential information, know-how and trade secrets, whether registered or unregistered.
Organisation means an organisation on behalf of whom the Website is accessed or used.
- (a)any person who accesses and uses the Website;
- (b)where an individual accesses or uses the Website for or on behalf of an Organisation, the Organisation on whose behalf such access or use is made; and
- (c)where an individual accesses or uses the Website for or on behalf of a minor, the minor on whose behalf such access or use is made, and references to ‘your‘ have a corresponding meaning.
- 2.1The content on the Website has been prepared for the use and information of residents in Australia and accordingly the Website and it's content is designed to comply with Australian law. The brands and any other names used for products, and regulation of their supply, may vary between countries and, accordingly, the content of the Website is not intended to be accurate for persons outside Australia.
- 2.2While the Website may make reference to medical conditions and their treatment, it is not intended to be relied on to provide specific medical diagnosis or as a substitute for medical advice. You should seek and rely on medical advice from your healthcare professional in relation to all matters concerning your health. Any clinical decisions regarding patient treatment must always be in accordance with your doctor’s or other healthcare professional’s clinical directions, skills, training, pharmacology and protocols.
- 2.3Overdose signs and symptoms can vary from person to person. Individuals with an existing medical condition, mental illness, varying physical size and/or has taken other substances (like alcohol) can alter a patient’s presentation.
- 2.4While all reasonable efforts are made to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Website, we have no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Website.
- 2.5The inclusion on the Website of any information about a particular product does not constitute a representation or warranty that the product is available in any particular place or at all.
- 3Intellectual property
- 3.2You may not use any of our trade marks without our prior written consent, except to legitimately identify our products or services.
- 3.3No part of the Website may be:
- (a)distributed or copied for any commercial purpose, nor incorporated in any other work or publication (whether in hard copy, electronic or any other form); or
- (b)resold, published, copied, reproduced, transmitted or stored (including on or to any other website or in any other electronic form), without our express prior written permission, except that you may print, or download to your hard drive, extracts from the Website only for informational and non-commercial purposes. Any reproduction of content from the Website must include a prominent acknowledgement of our rights in the relevant content.
- 3.4We do not warrant nor represent that your use of any of the content of the Website will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with us.
- 5Additional terms
- 6Your responsibilities
- 6.1You agree to use the Website only for the purpose for which it is being provided. You agree not to use the Website for any improper, injurious, offensive or unlawful purposes. You agree not to damage or disrupt the Website.
- 6.2You are responsible for providing all personal information about you that is required to allow us to provide the products and services to you, including any such personal information that you are required or permitted to provide to us through the Website. You are responsible for ensuring that all of your personal information is correct and up to date at all times. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will:
- (a)have no responsibility to ensure that your personal information is correct and/or up to date; and
- (b)not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or otherwise, suffered or incurred by you in connection with any inaccurate or incomplete information (including in respect of your personal information) provided by you to us or any fact, matter, circumstance, event, thing, matter, outcome or consequence arising or which may arise as a consequence of, or in connection with, any inaccurate or incomplete information (including in respect of your personal information) provided by you to us (including anything done or omitted to be done by a rescuer or first responder in reliance on any inaccurate or incomplete information (including in respect of your personal information) provided by you to us).
- 6.3You are responsible for making your own assessment of the suitability of the Website, and the information available from the Website, for achieving your purposes.
- 6.4You are responsible for any actions you take based on information obtained through the Website, and all outcomes resulting from your use of that information.
- 6.5You agree that you will at all times comply fully with all relevant laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and orders or decisions of all relevant regulatory bodies that apply from time to time to the Website, or any of the information made available to you through the Website.
- 6.6Without limiting the foregoing, you must not:
- (a)use the Website to do anything that would breach a person’s privacy or disclose private, confidential or secure information;
- (b)use the Website to defame us, our employees or other individuals;
- (c)upload or otherwise transmit to the Website any Harmful Code; or
- (d)post or transmit to the Website any non-authorised material including material that is, in our opinion, likely to cause annoyance, or which is defamatory, racist, abusive, obscene, indecent, violent, threatening, pornographic, infringes a person’s intellectual property (including the Intellectual Property), is unlawful, is fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading, constitutes spamming or ‘trolling’ or contains commercial sales messages or otherwise or which is detrimental to our or any other person’s systems or network security.
- 6.6Without limiting the foregoing, you must not:
- 6.7If the Website permits you or any other user to post any information to it, this does not mean that we authorise or endorse any information you may post to the Website, or that is posted to the Website by any other user. We reserve the right to take down this information at our sole discretion and without notice.
- 6.8The Website may be upgraded or updated from time to time. This may include upgrades, modifications, bug fixes, patches and other error corrections (including for the purposes of addressing any security vulnerabilities or removal of Harmful Code in the Website) and/or the addition of new features on the Website (Updates). Our services may not operate properly and the security of your device, software or systems may be compromised if you do not install all Updates. You are responsible for installing all Updates and where they are automatically electronically installed on your device and/or connected products you have purchased from us, you expressly consent to such automatic Updates.
- 6.9We do not guarantee that the Website and any Updates are free of Harmful Code that may affect your device, software or systems. You are responsible for protecting the device from which you access the Website, and any of your other software and systems, from Harmful Code that may be transmitted from the Website by installing and implementing your own security and system checks.
- 7Accessibility and Functioning of the Website
- 7.1We will use our best efforts to ensure that the Website is free from defects and Harmful Code at all times and will also endeavour to ensure the Website is available at all times other than during periods of maintenance. However, we do not warrant that the Website will function uninterruptedly or without errors or defects, that it will be secure or free from Harmful Code, or that information provided on or through the Website will be complete, accurate, up-to-date or suitable for your purposes.
- 8.1The information provided on the Website is for general guidance only and should not be relied on for medical advice. Information about health conditions on the Website should not form the basis for preventive or other medical treatment without appropriate guidance from a doctor or other health professional. You must make your own assessment and seek medical and professional advice of the suitability and appropriateness of any products featured on, and the information contained on, the Website.
- 8.2We make no representation that the products displayed on the Website are currently available or that their specifications on the Website are current and complete. Display of any product does not constitute an offer or undertaking by us or any other person as to the availability, supply or use of that product.
- 8.3Subject to any applicable law, the use of the information on the Website is at your own risk. We, our directors, employees, shareholders, agents and other representatives will not, under any circumstances and whether in tort (including negligence), contract or on any other legal basis, be liable for any injury, loss or damage arising out of or related to the use, or inability to use, the information or other content on the Website, or any information provided through the Website by electronic mail or otherwise. This limitation of liability includes, but is not limited to, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and third party claims.
- 8.4Any forward looking statements on the Website, including statements about future performance and solutions, may rely on a number of assumptions concerning future events and be subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, which may be outside of our control and which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements.
- 9Limitation of liability
- 9.2Subject to paragraph 9.1, your use of the Website and any other products or services we provide to you, including (but not limited to) any fact, matter, circumstance, event, thing, outcome or consequence arising or which may arise as a consequence of, or in connection with, your use of the Website or any other products or services we provide to you, is entirely at your risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law:
- (a)we will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or otherwise, suffered or incurred by you in connection with:
- (i)your access to or use of the Website, or the content on or accessed through it, or as a result of the inaccessibility of the Website and/or the fact that certain information or materials contained on it are incorrect, incomplete or not up-to-date (including in respect of any of your personal information); and
- (ii)any fact, matter, circumstance, event, thing, outcome or consequence arising or which may arise as a consequence of, or in connection with, your use of the Website or any other products or services we provide to you (including anything done or omitted to be done by a rescuer or first responder in reliance on any inaccurate or incomplete information (including in respect of your personal information) provided by you to us);
- (b)all warranties, representations and guarantees, (whether expressed, implied, or statutory) in relation to the Website or any of its content are excluded, including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of the Intellectual Property (or any part of it); and
- (c)if you are using the Website or their content for business purposes, our liability is limited to the re-supply of services acquired for this purpose.
- 10.1Any communication or material transmitted to the Website by electronic mail or otherwise (other than your personal information) will be treated as non-confidential and nonproprietary. Any such communication or material you transmit, including ideas, suggestions, information or other material (other than your personal information), becomes our property and may be used reproduced, published, modified, adapted and transmitted without restriction.
- 10.2Internet transmissions are never entirely secure or private and any information you provide through the Website may be read or intercepted by others. We will not have any liability for the interception, ‘hacking’ or other unauthorised access of information through the Website.
- 11Third Party Websites
- 11.1The Website contains links to third party websites. These websites have not been prepared by and are not controlled by us. Links to third party websites are provided for your convenience only and do not imply that we check, endorse, approve or agree with any of the content on, or goods or services available through or promoted on, those websites.
- 12.1You may not link from any website to the Website in any way without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to prohibit links to the Website and you agree to remove or cease any link upon our request. You may not incorporate any part of the material on the Website into any other website by use of framing.
- 13Governing Law
- 15.2Where you provide personal information to obtain any information or to create an account with us or to participate in any promotion or competition through the Website, that personal information must be correct, complete and up-to-date. If you are providing personal information about any person other than yourself, you warrant that you are authorised to provide that information.
- 15.3If we provide you with a user name and password you are responsible for keeping this user name and password secure and are responsible for all use of, and activity carried out under, this user name.
- 16Contact Us
- Tel:+61 2 8977 4016
- Mail:Safe Mate Australia Pty. Ltd.
102 Crown Street
Woolloomooloo NSW 2011